I have chosen to analyze Palm Beach Tan on University for my space analysis paper. I chose this space because I have been there many times. Although I am familiar with the environment, I feel like there is a lot of new things I could learn about this space. I recognize the pristine environment or a friend in the waiting room when I enter however, when I observe the space, when I enter will I notice something different? Or if I am sitting watching other's enter the business, are they making similar observations? What are their attitudes? Do they look uncomfortable? Or are they just too busy to care? What about the tanning beds once you enter the room, I never really noticed anything special about them. I can't even remember what color the walls are and I have been there over 30 times. Is it the familiar sound of the humming of the machine that allows individuals to get into less than 6 by 3 foot wide box and bake for twenty minutes? Or is it the music that you get to choose to listen to that pumps you up about being tan right before going on spring break?
I plan to observe my space in the afternoon and late at night. I should probably observe in the morning as well. I will observe this Saturday at night and this Sunday in the afternoon. On Monday I will also observe in the morning. I believe that there are different types of people who visit tanning salons although the stereotype is that they are all young, superficial women. I expect to find a different reason, other than physical appearance, that people visit Palm Beach Tan. Palm Beach Tan may not seem like an important aspect of the community, but it is. Not only do a lot of students from TCU go there to get tan, but I have even seen one of my teachers there once. Its location is prime to cater to the college students and it is surrounded by restaurants so it is very convenient to visit if you are in a rush.
I expect to find what Palm Beach Tan's mission is, besides giving "sun-kissed" skin to its customers.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment