Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Body Paragraph Formation

The analysis of the sources has not been difficult at all. I actually liked analyzing the arguments that were implicitly or explicitly being implied. It was pretty much what I expected to find when analyzing the sources considering the authors of them. All of my sources center around one central idea that the chance of encountering safety risks in Mexico can be significantly reduced by being an alert, respectful and informed tourist. It is important to understand each individual sources' implications because it helps tie together the central or controlling idea.
As I analyze the sources it is also important to notice the biases that most of the sources have. The only source that I am 100% sure is bias free is the one from The United States Government, which is the source about the Travel Alert issued on February 20th.
It is also interesting hearing about people, specifically college Spring Breakers who are calling off their trips to locations in Mexico that have been specified as specifically dangerous because of their exposure to the drug cartels, kidnappings and random firefight. Two days ago all TCU students also received an e-mail cautioning those who were visiting Mexico during the Spring Break period to be responsible and aware of their surroundings at all time.
Even though many people have cancelled their trips due to the issues Mexico is facing, there are still several large groups of students from universities all over the nation that will be visiting there in just one short week.
I may have to add some sources to my paper because of all of the new articles that are being written, especially those from students who visited there within the last week and have experienced no problems at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment