Monday, February 23, 2009

Research for Rhetorical Case Analysis

I have changed my topic to Mexico Drug Wars and their influences on tourism.
It has been very difficult for me to find primary sources for my topic. Most newspaper articles that I found are just reports on information and the authors have not been directly involved. I have found a lot of good information, but nothing that would count as a primary source at this point. I think I may try looking at some blogs or see if there are any reports on travel websites as to individuals experiences in Mexico recently. The way a lot of sources, primary or not, approach the topic is from a neutral standpoint. The sources offer both positive and negative aspects of traveling to Mexico. I wish that researching was easier!
Another thing that is interesting is a lot of reporters are putting in suggestions to keep safe while traveling in Mexico. It seems like many people are truly concerned about the safety of Americans traveling to Mexico. The sources are very careful not to point a finger at the Mexican government but they are not shy about telling the American government to become involved by either increasing border control or placing more restrictions on the purchasing of illegal drugs, which causes the safety hazards for tourists.
I am struggling with trying to find primary sources but I hope that by looking for blogs or government information I will be able to expand my resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment